The Grand List of Overused Science Fiction Clichés!http://www.cthreepo.com/cliche/
The page has a variety of subsets, and a ratings system, but I'm just showing the phrases that I found amusing.
Here are a few of my favorites:
* The Good Guys travel through time to stop a historical Bad Guy, usually Hitler.
* A high-tech amusement park goes lethally berserk.
* "Single female monster ISO single human male. Object: Mating."
* Alien races that find our women attractive, while we find theirs to be repulsive.
* Extra breasts on the alien women.
* The incredibly competent man-of-action with more skills/degrees than you can shake a blaster at.
* The incredibly competent woman-of-action with large breasts, no sexual inhibitions, and more skills/degrees than you can shake a blaster at.
* Futuristic societies where only the ultra-rich can afford quality health care, and everyone else is reduced to selling their bodily organs.
* An alien tongue is translated into perfect English, except for gratuitious use of alien units of time and distance.
* Disembodied live brains living in tanks.
* Sentient AIs that communicate with other sentient AIs via their voice synthesizer.
* Androids with intelligence equal to an IQ of around 1000 who can't seem to figure out human emotions, humor, or verbal contractions.
* Whiz kids.
* The former Great Man of Action who is now just a washed-up drunk. [Although really, that's a cliche in a lot of fiction.]
* Ths ship's computer is programmed to track the location of each and every person aboard, but is never programmed to report personnel in unauthorized areas, or those who suddenly disappear.
* A teenage genius discovers an entire new field of science, and builds practical devices that use it, in his bedroom.
* The greedy businessman refuses to recognize that his dangerous product/service will screw him over long before he can hope to make a profit.
* A technologically advanced race conquers a technologically inferior race, and puts them to work doing things that the conqueror's machines can do far more efficiently.
* The human abdomen is an ideal incubator for Alien Eggs/Spawn, and this has no apparent effect on the host until the Alien Spawn erupts from their stomach in a messy fashion.
* The death of the Bad Guy involves a long fall.
* At some point the protagonists must enter a hostile region called The Forbidden Zone.
* When an ordinary crewmember transforms into the Enlightened Being of Cosmic Power, he departs the scene instead of staying around to help out his still-human buddies.
* Super-intelligent computers get confused when the hero says to them "everything I say is a lie" or some other paradoxical statement.
* Computer terminals display the current operation (e.g., "UPLOADING VIRUS") in huge, flashing letters.
* After twenty years of crew members being tossed around like the balls in a bingo cage, the spacecraft still has no seatbelts.
* Computer security protocols are overridden merely by saying "override" to the computer. [That's a huge pet peeve of mda's.]
And many more that I don't have time to copy.